BYRA is a cute, little sailing club on the water's edge located at Bayview on Sydney's Northern Beaches. Our waterfront clubhouse boasts fabulous Pittwater views to the north and makes a great function venue for small to medium-sized events.
The building is of traditional style with high vaulted ceilings and a new hardwood deck overlooking Pittwater. The club is a perfect venue for wedding receptions, meetings, corporate events and functions, family gatherings, awards ceremonies, parties and other occasions.
The facilities include the hall (an indoor area of around 10 metres by 15 metres); a large deck overlooking the water; plus:
- Full kitchen facilities including oven, dishwasher, microwave, fridge and freezer
- Indoors: tables and seating for 100 people (the maximum indoor capacity is 150 due to fire regulations)
- Outdoors: seating for 40 people
- Separate male and female toilets
- Download Floorplan
BYRA does not provide caterers or staff, however hirers have access to full kitchen facilities for self-catering or professional caterers. See our list of recommended Bayview caterers.
The club does not have a bar but the kitchen counter can be utilised to serve drinks. Alternatively an improvised bar can be created using tables.
Email us to make a booking enquiry for your function or event. Don't forget to let us know the type of event, the number of guests, and the date/time of your function. And if you would like to have a look around we are happy to arrange a time to suit you.
See our bookings calendar below to check availability. Remember, though, that bookings in progress may not yet appear on the calendar.
BYRA maintains a good relationship with our neighbours. For this reason, and to meet council regulations, functions must end no later than 12:00pm.
Costs to hire BYRA's hall for a function are based on the number of guests attending.
Terms and Conditions
- Additional fees may be charged for building access prior to the rental period for setup, etc.
- Furniture should be removed by 8.30am on the Sunday but if not should be neatly placed to one side (near TV) but MUST be removed by 8am on the Monday to allow cleaners access.
- For Saturday night rentals, rubbish MUST be removed by 8:00am Sunday during the sailing season (approx. Sept through to April). If this condition is not met then BYRA will apply an additional fee of $250 (deducted from the bond).